FreeBSD System Administration
I've been doing FreeBSD sysadmin work and using it on my own systems since about 1998. I like its no-nonsene, professional attitude and the simplicity and openness of its licensing. I can build the kernel and OS from source (though that's not necessary as often as it used to be). Other skills:
- System and security updates
- Security auditing
- Installing and configuring ports
- Networks (including wireless) and firewalls
- Installing and administering services (web, email, etc.)
- Backup and restore
- Scripting admin tasks
- Data mining of log files
- Kernel tuning (sysctl)
- RAID (using arrays of hard drives for redundancy)
I am also the maintainer for the games/xlogical port (a port of the classic 8-bit game), and I'm looking for other opportunties to contribute to ports.
If you need a regular FreeBSD sysadmin or help with any emergency problem, please contact me at email@example.com.
Posted on: 2015-10-14